8 oz of strong flour (Manitoba)
8 oz of flour
6 3/4 floz of warm water
5 2/3 oz of ricotta cheese
1/2 oz of brewer’s yeast
1 tsp of honey
oz of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of salt
- Sift the two flours.
- Add the ricotta cheese, the brewer’s yeast, the oil, the honey, the warm water and 1 tsp of salt.
- Knead it (using a robot or using your hands) for at least 10 minutes until the dough becomes elastic.
- Put it into a bowl, cover it with a humid dishcloth and let it rest for, at least, 1 hour and a half.
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts on a floured surface and create 4 strips long 40cm/15.8in.
- Connect the 4 extremities and take the strip on your right and pass it under the next two and over the last stripe. Go ahead this way until the end.
- Do not make the twist tight, as the stripes will still grow.
- Transfer the twist to an oven pan, cover it with a dishcloth and let it grow for another hour and a half.
- Sprinkle some flour on it and bake it in preheated oven (220°C/428°F) for 20 minutes. Cover it with aluminum if it’s too brown and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Buon appetito!