Thursday, April 25, 2013
Olive-Rosemary Buns Recipe
1-lb. (grapefruit-size) portion of Master Recipe
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup packed finely chopped green olives
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1. Hold dough and dust top with flour; quickly shape into ball by stretching surface of dough around to bottom on all four sides, rotating dough a quarter turn as you go.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12x10-inch rectangle, adding only enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking but not too much so it’s dry.
3. Brush oil over dough; sprinkle with olives and rosemary. Roll dough into tight log, starting at long end; pinch seam together. Cut into 8 pieces; arrange, cut-side up, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Cover loosely with lightly floured plastic wrap; let stand in warm draft-free place 45 minutes or until dough is slightly puffed and no longer feels chilled.
5. Meanwhile, place oven rack in upper third of oven; place empty broiler pan on bottom oven rack. Heat oven to 475°F. Place baking sheet with buns in oven. Immediately pour 1 cup hot water into broiler pan; quickly close oven door to trap steam.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes to serve warm or cool completely.
Source: Zoë François and Jeff Hertzberg