|Indiana Hamburger Buns|
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- In a bowl, mix water with milk. Add yeast, sugar, and butter. Stir until yeast is dissolved and set aside for 10 minutes or until yeast starts to foam.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Use the lower amount of flour to start with and add more only if the dough gets sticky.
- Mix yeast mixture with flour..
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, cover tightly with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Oil your hands and shape the dough into rolls and place in a well-greased pan.
- Cover loosely with a damp cloth and let rise an additional 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the rolls to cool down before removing them from the pan